I am German because I was born in Germany. I am American because I was born again there. I combine two cultures and until recently I thought it to be a curse. It's not! It's a blessing to be a Germarican.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

I feel like I have missed out on everything...

Today is my only day off for this week! I am so excited and I am taking full advantage of it. Yes, I would have tons of other things to do but I just wanna relax for once. I even have class tomorrow (SUNDAY!!) - can you believe that?

I slept in this morning and it was so comforting to wake up next to Matthias. It feels like I haven't seen him in months, even though that is not true. But it was so wonderful to have breakfast together and just talk without having to rush.

But I also noticed that I have missed out on so many things. Matthias told me about a friend of ours, who moved into her own apt and left her husband after being married for over 25 years. WHAT??!! When did that happen? I mean, I know this particular friend called me sometime this past week and left a voicemail. She said she wanted to talk to me and all, but I just never took the time (because I seriously didn't have the time) to call her back. How horrible is that!!??

I still have not seen my maid of honor's newborn!! She is almost 2 months now and I have not seen her yet!! I feel so bad. Sometimes I wonder if I am just a horrible friend.

I am sure there are many more things that I am not even aware of yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment