I am German because I was born in Germany. I am American because I was born again there. I combine two cultures and until recently I thought it to be a curse. It's not! It's a blessing to be a Germarican.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bye bye Ohios!

Sometimes it's just incredible how time flies... this morning our Ohio teammates left again. We spent 10 wonderful days together. 10 days full of stress but also full of fun! I made new friends and I miss my Ohios already.

It's so funny how I always meet people from Ohio- sometimes it feels like I am "haunted" by people from Ohio. Why is it always Ohio? Why?? Is that supposed to tell me something? Seriously, I really start to wonder what it is with people from Ohio and little me. I guess it's just meant to be that way.

I am so homesick. How ridiculous is that? I have never been homesick while being in the States but I am homesick when I am in Germany. What is wrong with me?

Below you will find a picture of my German- American team in front of the famous St. Thomas Church here in Leipzig. (This is the church where Johann Sebastian Bach created some of his music.) Also, I will post a picture of Sam and I. She is just so sweet. I really miss her.




No comments:

Post a Comment