In just a little bit Adrian would walk into my room and wake me up. I would turn around, Adrian would ask for gum (he seriously did that EVERY morning!), I would tell him to get it himself. He would do so and I would hide under the covers to try to get 4 more minutes of sleep. Adrian would chew his gum, leave the room again, come back again. Lindsay, with an incredible bird's nest (= her hair in the morning! Lol), would stand outside of my room and say: "Lilly, are you awake?". Her voice would still be very deep (just like my voice in the morning!)and that would make me smile (b/c the first couple of days I thought it was Brent talking to me... hilarious!) I wouldn't answer, I'd just sorta moan and Linds would know that I am awake. "My mom just got up. Ready for some coffee?" THAT's when I would almost jump out of bed -- gotta love coffee.
So, the three of us "would walk 500 miles" (LOL - love that song!) over to Pam and Jerry's house. We would walk in and the smell of coffee would lighten my grumpy "I don't do mornings" attitude a little bit. (But just a little bit...don't talk to me!)
I would sit down, right by the coffee maker and right in front of me there would be THIS:
"My" mug. After drinking some of the coffee, I would slowly wake up.
I really miss those kinda mornings.
No comments:
Post a Comment