MERYL STREEP: What can I say about her? (You've probably heard more than enough about her... I know, I talk about her a lot!) The first time I saw her in a movie, which was "Bridges of Madison County" (with Clint Eastwood), I was 10 years old. Back then, I fell in love with the United States (even though it's Iowa in this case). I have never seen an actress that embodies the feeling of longing like that before. Watching "Bridges" made me long for things, a feeling that I have never lost again. I owe her a lot, to be honest. Watching her in movies made me more aware of what it means to create a character, to "become" a role. It is because of her that I never stopped playing theater. My favorite Meryl-Streep- characters: Sophie in "Sophie's choice"
Francesca in "Bridges of Madison County"
Trivia: Meryl's grandmother was German. Her last name was WOLF, which is always
turned into WOLFE in the States -- Pam, are you related to her? Lol.
KATRIN SASS: She is one of Germany's best actresses ever. She played in numerous movies and plays and has reached uncountable highs, but also some drastic lows, both in her professional as well as in her private life. I especially admire her for being able to portray strong women that nevertheless carry a great deal of sadness in them. My favorite Katrin Sass movie: "Goodbye, Lenin" (BTW, a good movie for Americans to watch if they want to get some sense of what it was like to live in East Germany, and even more so, what it was like to cope with East Germany as such coming to an end!)
Trivia: Matthias just auditioned for a movie with her. One of our colleagues dated
her years and years ago.
MILENA VUKOTIC: When I was about 8 or 9 years old I saw her in a very popular German mini series called "Anna", which is about a young girl that wants to become a ballet dancer. Milena Vukotic played her Russian dance coach, who was strict and relentless, but yet fragile and very sick. I believe that her character of "Madame Irina Kralowa" actually formented my admiration of playing strong, bossy and yet complex and internally insecure women. I am extremely fond of her ability to express any emotion there is just with her face. It truly is amazing!My favorite Milena Vukotic characters: Madame Irina Kralowa in "Anna"
Trivia: Milena Vukotic is not German, she is Italian. My friend Jana and I actually
wrote a paper about that mini series in college. We also wrote her a letter
after we found her address online. She REPLIED!! It was the cutest thing
ever. Still excited about that. :)
TATJANA CLASING: She is a German TV actress, who rose to fame through a daily soap. But it isn't just a soap opera, it actually is brought to life like a theater play, which is amazing. She has done tons of movies, mostly as a supporting actress. Tatjana is incredible when it comes to switching to opposite emotions within seconds, she also has a great sense of humor, which is evident throughout her portrayal of a character.My favorite Tatjana Clasing character: Julia in "Blütenträume" (theater play)
Trivia: My friends Cathi und Moni had her sign an autograph saying "Happy birthday,
Katinka!". I actually met her last year.My friend Annie, who went along to meet her, said on our way back home: "She looks all glittery and glamorous in that picture and you just look pale!" GREAT! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment