I cleaned my apartment for four hours straight today. I had people looking at my place to maybe rent it, and I figured I might as well show them a clean and neatly organized little place. (Everyone who knows me is aware of the fact that my place is NEVER organized, I live in chaos and I love it!)
I started throwing stuff away (my heart is still bleeding!)and I found tons of stuff that I had almost forgotten about. It was pretty emotional, especially when I found some pictures of my graduation in the States. I looked through them and all of a sudden I almost stopped breathing for a second because I found a picture of me (in my cap and gown), Linds and Pam and Jerry. The minute I saw that picture I seriously had a flashback and I remembered my graduation like it was yesterday. I remember that Pam and Jerry went on a camping trip or something right before my graduation and we had already said our goodbyes (because I left the States pretty much only a couple of days upon graduating). I didn't think I would see them again. My graduation ceremony was over and Linds, Jaron (My goodness, looking at that picture of Poopy and me was just mindblowing- he has certainly changed a lot over the past 8 years!) and I were talking when Pam and Jerry walked in. I remember that I was pretty surprised and I think I said something stupid like, "What are you doing here?" LOL. It was awesome to see them at my graduation and it meant a lot to me. (Still does...)It's so funny to look at that picture of the four of us. I seriously have to remind myself that it was taken 7 years ago!!! Pam and Jerry look EXACTLY the same- I don't know how they did that, but they really do. By the way, there are only two pictures of me and Pam and Jerry- the one at my graduation and a picture we took in 2007 when I stopped by for a couple of hours. It's weird... why aren't there any more pictures???
I also found tons of pictures that Pam took of Linds and I. I remember that day when we took the pictures. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, it was pretty warm, only a little windy. We had so much fun taking these pictures. Linds and I were still so girly... I mean, we were in school and we had nothing to worry about. The reality of life had not impacted us yet and we could just enjoy that day. No worries, no regrets... it was amazing. Really miss that feeling in a way. We were just crazy, in a good way I might add, we just let go and did stupid stuff and goofed around... I am so glad I have these pictures. It brings back really good memories and the feeling of a happy and easy life. (Whoa, that sounds dramatic...LOL)
I'll keep remembering the "good old days" - and I know there are memories in the making to remember in 8 years. And I am pretty sure I will have the same feelings about my past again = I AM HOMESICK!!! ;)
I guess I will never be too old to be homesick. That's good, at least THAT will stay the same. Hehe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment