I know, this is post #4 today, but it's well worth it to keep you updated on this crazy day...
After my last blog post was published I went into town to have a coffee. Julia was working and I wanted to say hi and just relax a little. I had just finished my first coffee [grande vanilla latte, as always] when Claudi walked in. The moment I saw her, I knew this was going to be a great day. I mean, the coincidence to run into each other in a city with over half a million inhabitants is just amazing... we had another coffee together and then decided to go buy my dress.
We walked into the store just to find that they couldn't order the size I needed. I was devastated and I think the sales person got a little scared because I INSISTED on this dress IN MY SIZE. Lol. I mean, I had set my mind on it and it HAD to be THIS dress. I couldn't believe that my size was sold out NATIONWIDE!! I instantly thought: "Okay, maybe this is my sign that going back home in November will not work out!" I seriously wanted to start crying but Claudi and two really nice ladies tried to convince me to try the bigger size again. I did [by the way it was a size 14, in words fourteen - I HAVE NEVER WORN A FLIPPIN' SIZE 14!!!!!!]. Not surprisingly it was "a little big". Since it is a strapless dress, I was just kinda worried to be comletely naked by the end of the wedding. But Claudi had a great idea: we added straps and all of a sudden IT FIT PERFECTLY!!! It was amazing, I mean I would have never guessed that straps can make such a difference... I still think it's kinda weird, but I was just THRILLED. We added a little jacket [yes, I am aware of the fact that it will be NOVEMBER = winter and btw: the size of the jacket was a 10!!] to complete this wonderful little outfit... I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED! And I got even more excited when I heard the AWESOME PRICE FOR THE ENTIRE OUTFIT: it was only about 90 bucks [that is US- Dollars] - originally it used to be a little over 200 US-Dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful...
I wanted to hug abd kiss everyone in that store on the way out, I carried my bag like a little baby... I was in heaven- still am. After Claudi donated some of her blood we had "champagne on the rocks" to celebrate this awesome outfit. We were reeeeeeeeeeally tipsy after just one drink but we had a lot of fun anyways.
I headed to the main station to meet up with Julia and her boyfriend [who does not like my desk - lol]. They helped me to put some stuff in boxes and take down pictures and such.
Now, I am sitting here and the silence in this apartment is driving me insane. I decided to re-connect the TV...it is so much better now. I am trying to get used to the echoing in my apartment though since there isn't that much furniture left in here. BUT THERE IS SO MUCH DIRT. It is nasty and I am so not looking forward to cleaning it early tomorrow morning.
Claudi will be over for breakfast and then 3 of my other friends are driving 3 hours to help me move on Sunday. They will be getting here by tomorrow night... hope they bring beer. Lol.
I am chillaxing now - don't feel like doing anything else besides being happy about my dress. Hehe. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment