I am German because I was born in Germany. I am American because I was born again there. I combine two cultures and until recently I thought it to be a curse. It's not! It's a blessing to be a Germarican.

Friday, July 24, 2009

No more this and that.

Good morning, Germany... it is 9 am and I have been wide awake for almost 3 hours now. CRAZY. I only slept for like 2.5 hours. I am really nervous since this whole moving thing will be taken to the next level today: one of my High School friend's sister is stopping by to get my bed, two closets [I still don't know if this is even the right word for what it is... Americans don't have it. Hmmm.], a sideboard and some kitchen appliances. It's so weird to know that some of my belongings will forever be gone.

[BTW: Switchfoot is singing a song to me right now and every second word is "gone".]



I am sitting here on my couch, I have no coffee table anymore because my TV is "parking" on it. Speaking of which: I already disconnected my cable, so no more TV for me in this apartment. [I am addicted to it, what am I gonna do until Sunday??] My DVD player is disconnected as well... so I guess I will be even more addicted to my internet - thank goodness for laptops!! ;)

After the furniture will be out of my apartment around noon today, I will have to run into town to finally return my book to the library - I am already 3 weeks late, which is a lot of fun considering the fact that late fees are ridiculous around here. After that, I am planning on having a coffee and relaxing a little before I am heading to my new favorite store to buy MY DRESS.

Have I talked about my dress before? I don't even remember...I know it is a hot topic on facebook, but I am not sure if I talked about it on here. So sorry if I have. Anyway, I found THE dress for the wedding in November...oh my goodness, it is soooooooooooooo awesome. It is exactly what I had in mind. Unfortunately, they didn't have my size when I discovered it last week. But they ordered my size and hopefully it will fit me today. You know what the best part is: the dress is on sale!!! YES, it is PERFECT. I am in love with a dress, I really am.

Ugh, two more hours until they pick up the stuff... what am I doing until then? Okay, I could keep on packing but since my apartment is so tiny I am afraid they're gonna have major difficulties to carry everything out of my place without breaking anything else...

I wanna be done moving....

No comments:

Post a Comment