I am German because I was born in Germany. I am American because I was born again there. I combine two cultures and until recently I thought it to be a curse. It's not! It's a blessing to be a Germarican.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oh, Champs- Èlysées ... PARIS!



I got back from a long weekend in Paris today. It was just awesome!! It was good to get away for a couple of days. Obviously, it would have been more fun to go on a romantic trip with the hubby instead of taking 14 yr olds along, but we made the best out of it.

We left Wednesday night and arrived at our hotel (which was just outside of Paris) Thursday around noon. The hotel was neat, our room was huge and we even had a flatscreen TV. Well, we didn't really have time to watch any TV because after unpacking the suitcase we drove to Paris to get a first impression. I just love Paris! It's been 3 long years since I last visited the city. (It was a romantic trip for my irthday back then, can't believe it's been 3 years!!!) But the moment I entered Paris I was just totally happy. I love the atmosphere, the chaos, the rude people, the little street cafés... it really is worth visiting.

The next day we went on a guided tour through Paris, which took us 5 hours -- we still didn't get to see everything, but we saw all the touristy places. Matthi and I walked into "real Paris" (far away from any tourists) to sit down and have coffee. It was so wonderful. The weather was nice, the people were awesome, we spoke French (or at least tried to -- can't believe how much I forgot over the years. But it kept coming back, which was good!). We just really had a good time, away from everything and everyone, away from the kids. But I have to say: the kids we took on this trip were really nice. It was a lot of fun. I am glad that they weren't anything like the brats we took to Spain!
We stayed in Paris till 10 pm.

On Saturday morning we packed our suitcase again and took the kids to Disneyland. We spent 12 very long hours there! I am sure the kids loved it. My parents took me and my brother there 11 years ago and I had a blast back then. But since I don't like roller coasters anymore it was kind of boring for us.

Later that night we went back to Germany. When we got back this morning around 9 am I went straight to bed. Quelle surprise...! ;)




Matthias and I are gonna see my parents tomorrow because my hubby needs his medical check. We think there might be something wrong with his heart. I just hope everything will be okay!

I still don't know anything concerning my trip to the States in November! I don't know what I am gonna do if I can't make it. I am trying really hard to be able to make it. Seems like I am "wasting" all of my energy on it. I will keep you updated ... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment