I am German because I was born in Germany. I am American because I was born again there. I combine two cultures and until recently I thought it to be a curse. It's not! It's a blessing to be a Germarican.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Cars, Goodbyes, Questions and an Angel on a Train

I can't believe it's been three weeks (almost four actually) since I last posted something on here. I am so sorry! I know I have regular readers and some of them are really eager to know what's going on in my life. I appologize for neglecting this little virtual monologue... but maybe I can spil all of you with a LONG post to tell you about my last few weeks...

It's probably not surprising to you anymore if I tell you that it has been a crazy ride. Seems like my life is JUST crazy. I have to admit I miss moments of solitude... I haven't really had any of those in quite a while which is why I do get a little uneasy. But let's start from the beginning!

I think it was the week after I returned from my mini vacation when things got a little overwhelming for me. I already posted the "closet- incident" but I think this might have been the actual start of it all. I can't really tell seperate stories about what happened because they all happened somewhat at the same time and they all belong together but I will use my neat little headline to categorize the different little happenings.

Cars

I think I already told you that my car didn't work in forever... (it works again now!) But since it wasn't working three weeks ago I had to take a train to Leipzig because of the things I will talk about later...

Angel on a train

So I was sitting on that train, reading a book and writing my little story (no, not at the same time...LOL). The train was late which is why a lot of people couldn't make their connection trains. The train staff told everyone their next possible connections but there was a lady that didn't understand a word since she didn't speak English. Her problem was that she really needed to get to Berlin because she had to catch a flight. She tried to tell the staff about her problem but they didn't understand her and she couldn't understand them. Well, and of course (I guess everyone would have done that!) I tried to help them by translating back and forth. To me it was the most natural thing to do but apparently the lady working on that train has never encountered a helpful person before. When I arrived at my destination and promised to take the non-German lady to her connection train the staff member looked at me, full of gratefulness and almost shouted: "You are an angel!" I think I blushed right away. You know how some people would say things like that without any deeper meaning... but that lady meant it. I could see it in her eyes and I could hear it in her voice. It was so touching and I was embarrassed- oh well.

Questions

Upon arriving back in Nordhausen the next day, I received a phone call from my friend Barbara. (Remember her? She is the director and co- founder of Boeme & Tochter, our theater group)She has been rehearsing a our new play (which opens Oct 2nd)with a groups of actors. I refused to be a part of it due to several reasons but now, that shortly before the premiere, there were some major changes among the cast and she begged me to take on a lead. Well... here I am now, 4 weeks away from the big day trying to get the part, the songs and everything else down. It's scary, but I guess it's life. The play is growing on me and I think it could seriously be good. I enjoy working with most of my fellow actors but above it all I am just super thrilled that Barb and I have such a great time together while working on it. It's awesome and I will keep you updated on everything as we go along.

Goodbye, Claudi!

The months have flown by and on August 19th it was time to say goodbye to my soulmate. She left for a semester abroad. She'll be studying at Kent State University in Ohio. I miss her so much already. It's incredible how you can get used to being around certain people and how much it hurts when they leave. I know that I will see her again and I hope she'll be having the time of her life. But nevertheless, she left an empty spot now that she is gone. She seriously can't be replaced. She is just one of a kind and I wish her all the best!!

Okay, I am really sorry that this was kind of a run through my past weeks but I am so busy and stressed out right now that I can't concentrate on giving details... I just wanna share the basics as of right now. Sorry for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment