A lot has been going on for me- I'm sure you realized that partly because I haven't posted a blog in over a month. So sorry!! :)
In my last blog I boldly announced that 2010 will be my year, and -knock on wood- I still feel that way. With January coming to an end things drastically changed in my life. Even though, drastic somewhat seems to have a negative connotation, I embrace it as something wonderful, at least in my case. So, the semester ended and I didn't attend the one and only exam which I would have had to take because I didn't want to. PERIOD. I don't regret it because I know I will be a college student for one more year and driving back and forth just to attend ONE class was dreadful which is why I decided to make driving back and forth more worth it by attending two classes starting in October. Lol. Yes, I guess I'm a practical person in a way...
Also, my job training ended after 4 months and I have to say it has been one of the best things in my entire life. I know I never really told you what this was all about but, to make a long story short, I was trained in marketing, international trade, business management and things like that. It sounds dry and totally not like me but it was so much fun. I guess that fun derived from having a very diverse but yet wonderful group of people in my training and I can honestly say I've made some new friends, which is always great, of course. This job training is supplemented by a 4 months internship in a foreign country - guess which country I chose! Lol.
During my job training I had the most wonderful experience of my entire life: I had an epiphany. I really did. I was sitting in class one day thinking about where I wanna go for my internship and what products or goods I want to sell and stuff when I realized that EDUCATION is a good as well and that I always wanted to build bridges between two cultures (US and German cultures, of course)... all of a sudden I realized that everything I had been doing for the past years fell into place and made sense - I realized that being a Germarican is NOT a curse but A BLESSING and that it is my calling in life!!!! INTERCULTURAL EDUCATION is the key here. Like I said before I'm a very practical person and I wanna work with people, I wanna impact lives and have my life impacted by others, I wanna change views on things and have my views changed, I wanna enhance intercultural communication and get rid of stereotypes and limited thinking while still broadening my very own horizon.
I wondered if I could use my epiphany for my internship and I talked to the people in charge and they, much to my surprise, very beyond ecstatic about my idea. They offered me a lot of help and told me I could start my own business to promote intercultural trainings and go to the States for the 4 month intership to start building a network of possible clients and so on.
As of February 1st, I.CULTURE - Intercultural Competence, Language and Theater is official!!
But it doesn't stop there: As of February 8th I am a teacher for Business English! I teach adults who are being trained to become accountants and marketing experts. They are all older than me but I love teaching and interacting with people and it is just another sign telling me that I am on the right path. It tells me it was actually God's plan and his will for my life and it feels great!
Needless to say, I am pretty excited about the money as well- it comes at a perfect time because I can use every cent to be able to make it in the States for 4 months.
Right now, I am working on applying for my visa. Since I will be in the States for four months I cannot just go there and use the 90 day tourist visa. I'm actually applying for a business visa. My visa interview will be in Berlin at the American embassy. It's in two weeks from now (March 3rd) and I am getting really nervous. I just hope that everything works out and that they will grant my visa. I have to wait to book a flight until they grant the visa... EXCITING TIMES!!
That's my story in VERY short...lol.
LOVING LIFE- I guess that's all that matters, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment