I am German because I was born in Germany. I am American because I was born again there. I combine two cultures and until recently I thought it to be a curse. It's not! It's a blessing to be a Germarican.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010 will be my year

Happy new year, everyone!!! I hope your transition into the new year was smooth and you had fun celebrating New Year's!?

2010 started off just right for me. I spent New Year's in Kassel where Matthi had 2 shows (which really sucks in a way because I didn't really get to see him at all...but, oh well, whatelse is new!?). After his 2nd show we only had 5 more minutes of 2009 left... I wasn't too sad about this. Even though, 2009 had been pretty good to me in a lot of ways I just couldn't wait until 2010.

Matthi and I went to bed around 3 am. Whereas Matthi fell asleep right away I couldn't sleep at all... I think I finally fell asleep at 4.30 am but had to get up again an hour later because my friend Jeanny and I had decided to go to our annual Bamberg trip together.















Well, what can I say: I was beyond tired but I managed to get to the train station on time. The train, however, didn't make it to the train station on time which had me standing in the blistering cold way too long. But I knew that it would still be all worth it. With a 30 mins delay the train finally made it to meet and greet me. I hopped on it and made my way through all the coaches, squeezing through tons of bags and sleepy people just to find Jeanny who was supposed to be there somewhere. I found her, at last, sleeping in a rather uncomfortable position... it was a cute little scenario to look at and I couldn't help but gently wake her up by wishing her a happy new year.

The train ride was rather uneventful, except for the fact that we missed our connection because of the delay. But we were in high spirits, even though we both were extremely tired. We exchanged christmas-friendship-presents, slept a little and made plans what to do for the weekend.

We got to our hotel around 11 am. Our room was not ready for us yet so we stored our luggage and went on a little spree through town. The problem was that January 1st is a national holiday in Germany so nothing was open really. We found a little cafe right by the Irish Pub that would be our destination for the night. We had a coffee and a piece of pastry and made our way back to the hotel about 2 hours later just to crash on our beds right away. The room was spacious. So was the bathroom and our little balcony. We slept until 5.30 pm. I guess we both really needed it. Lol.

Upon waking up we noticed that we were both hungry. So we looked up a nice Itaƶlian place and had the best freshly-made pizza of our entire lives. Seriously, you wonderful Americans bhave NO IDEA what a pizza can taste like until you made it to Europe to try a real Italian pizza. What a delicious explosioan of insanely good ingredients! I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it. Hehe.

Anyways, we went to the Irish Pub afterwards and had a couple of beers before heading to "The Green Goose" for some dancing and more beer. WE HAD A BLAST.

The nwxt day pretty much resembled the first day...we met some pretty nice Americans (I told you about the army base in Bamberg, right?) and just had so much fun.

I don't think I would have that much fun in Bamberg with any of my other friends. Jeanny and I have the perfect mixture of fun, sincerity and Germarican nostalgia... it's just perfect and I wouldn't want it to be any other way.

It was the perfect start for the new year!!

2010 will be my year! I can just feel it. In a little bit I will start my own business and will head back home for 4 months. I cannot wait- imagine that! Lol.

Hopefully I will start teaching an English class next month.

I will have the most amazing birthday/farewell bash in March and who knows what will happen later this year!

I'm ecstatic about 2010... and I sure hope YOU ARE TOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment