Every actor can tell you what their dream role looks like. It's either a clear picture of what the dream character is struggling with, achieving or going through or you have specific roles in mind. Everyone always strives to get closer to that specific role you wish to portray and if you manage to play that part it truly is a dream come true. But most of the time, especially young actors, wish for roles that are (still) out of their league, so to speak, because most of the time you picture roles that you would love to end your career with. It's interesting in a way but if you think about it it makes total sense: since you know you're not as good as you should be to portray that character just yet you work your butt off to become that good. So it actually helps your career and who knows...maybe, one day, you will actually get to play the part you would die for.
Below you will find some of the roles and characters I would die for to play one day. I have A LONG way to go to reach the point of actually being able to become these people and I will probably never get to play them anyways but I still love dreaming about it. Who knows what the future may bring!?
My frist dream role is "Reno" from the amazing Cole Porter musical "Anything Goes":
Then we have "Audrey" from "Little shop of horros":
Also, I would LOVE to be "Janet" in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". LOVE that kinky show. Ha! (YES, crazy German....I KNOW!)
You may think: but those are all musicals. Yes, they are. I LOVE musicals, but there are also tons of plays I would love to be in. One of dream roles is "Julie" from "Miss Julie" by August Strindberg which will be our next play..so one of my dreams is about to come true!! Below you will find the theatrical trailer of the "Miss Julie" movie from 1999. It'll give you an impression of what the play is all about. I CAN'T wait to be her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment