"I’m like every other actor, I’ve been unemployed more than I’ve been working. Actors just have a lot of down time. So I’ve never gotten used to being out of work. It’s a very uncertain life and there are only a few people that would sign up to be married to somebody who’s an actor. My husband’s an artist and he understands that, the vagaries of the job. I just take every day as a miracle and I’m really glad that I’m still working and that people are not sick of me, even though even I’m sick of me a little bit." (Meryl Streep)
There is nothing I can add to this. I understand that most of you out there don't really get the life that Matthias and I are living. I know that some of you are trying hard to understand it but I guess you will never be able to fully comprehend what it means to have a job like this. And, it's fine. I know you will never be able to grasp it because it is a totally different world with different worries and expectations. But, please, be aware of the fact that you can't keep on judging our life like some have done in the past. It's not fair. And, I am sick and tired of explaining and having to defend myself for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment