I am German because I was born in Germany. I am American because I was born again there. I combine two cultures and until recently I thought it to be a curse. It's not! It's a blessing to be a Germarican.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Changes and adjustments

Well, I know that some of you (CLAUDI - LOL) get so tired of reading about my move that I am VERY HAPPY to announce that I will no longer talk about it. I returned the keys to my apartment in Leipzig (left it crying) and I am now back in Nordhausen to unpack my boxes - no more details about this. I PROMISE! ;)

But, sorry Claudi, MOVING is THE topic this weekend. It's truly crazy. So many of my friends start new chapters of their lives RIGHT NOW that I just wanna spend a couple of minutes talking about it. I didn't sleep at all last night. I am constantly worried about everyone. I hate sitting here not being able to help them AT ALL. Last night, I went back and forth from praying to weeping to praying to weeping... I feel like I am emotionally drained right now and I don't even wanna start thinking about how THEY (or YOU since most of the people I am talking about are reading this blog) might feel.

So, who do we have here? Leslie is in Malaysia right now. She has a layover there on her way to Paris, France. Leslie has lived in Japan for the last year and is now returning back to the US (with a short vacation in Paris and Ireland). I just talked to her via Skype and am thrilled to find her in good health. Her plane to Paris will be leaving in like 2 hours or so...

Brent probably just hit the road to drive up to Tillsonburg, Canada. (I seriously can't say more about it... I know you all know how I feel about this... so let's just leave it at that.)

Brent's sister Heather will be moving to Japan for 3 years in September, I think. (Leslie, you're probably reading this and thinking: "3 YEARS!? Oh goodness..." LOL)

And then there is Claudi (Yes, girl, YOU are MOVING in a way, too!). Claudi will be leaving for her semester abroad at Kent State in OHIO (Noooo, I am so not jealous...LOL)in less than 3 weeks.

And yes, I just ended one chapter of my life as well... so we ALL are going through times of changes and adjustments right now. It won't always be easy but I know we will all learn to appreciate it. (Leslie, I know you're more than excited to go back home!)

Praying that we will all be sound and safe and happy. Can't wait to hear all of your stories, guys!! Awesome things will happen along our paths, I know that.

May GOD bless all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment