Cathi and I have known each other for more than 10 years now. We went to school together and she was there for me for the better and the worse. She was my only friend from Germany that regularly stayed in touch when I was abroad for my exchange year.
Anyways, I am so proud of her...she's gonna be in Atlanta for half a year as an Intern at the German Consulate. She really knows how to take her chances, that's for sure.
Saying goodbye to her wasn't as hard as I thought it would be...I know I'll see her in March. She's been gone for a couple of months before and we managed...so I guess I am okay. However, today I drove around Leipzig and all of a sudden I had this urge to go to her place and talk to her when I suddenly remembered that she's be gone now. It still kinda feels like she's on vacation or something. I don't think it really got to me yet.
After we had said goodbye, my hubby and I walked back to my car. We were joking about something when all of a sudden Cathis plane started and flew right above our heads! I waved even though I knew she wasn't gonna be able to see me...that's when I got all teary eyed. It was so weird to know that she is sitting in that plane...
The BEST thing about this morning: I got a ticket for parking without paying! AWESOME...but I guess it was all worth it for Cathi!
DEAREST CATHI, I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AND I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU IN MARCH! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH AND I AM SO SO PROUD OF YOU!
THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE FOR ME: PLEASE REMEMBER I WILL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR YOU TOO!!! LOVE YA BUNCHES!

Mey, Cathi and Lilly at the airport!
No comments:
Post a Comment