I am German because I was born in Germany. I am American because I was born again there. I combine two cultures and until recently I thought it to be a curse. It's not! It's a blessing to be a Germarican.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

70 days to go....

Well, after all this whining and being pissed off I guess it is about time to post an update on how things are going!

I'm officially on my Christmas/New Year's Break which I REALLY needed. I turned in my Term Paper application and got the official OKAY, which is the best thing ever bc now I can start wrapping up my studies! Woohoo...well, okay it is pretty scary but then again it's an awesome feeling.

I am almost done with the stuff I have to do in order to submit my research survey at my German High School which definitely is a RELIEF after all this time.

I still need to work on the survey itself though but I won't bother about this till after my break.

Did I mention that I am still into theater? Well, in case I haven't here is the latest scoop: I am currently rehearsing a play by Jean- Paul Sartre who is a play writer from France. The play is called "Geschlossene Gesellschaft" (I think the English title actually was in French, but it means something like "closed society")Our shows will be in January and I am pretty excited about it because it is an awesome play. It deals with life after death: 3 people that have never met before are dead and meet in hell for the first time. After a while they find out that they are in hell and that they will stay together for eternity. Problem is: they are all playing roles, meaning they pretend they are someone they're not and everyone needs one of the other two to sort of proof this role. So there is always the third person that is surplus. But the alliances change all the time, so everyone is in a constant struggle to "survive". I think It's great. It's challenging in terms of acting as well but I do have a good feeling about this.
Just the other day I found out that our play is presented by the Theater of Leipzig which is a HUGE honor because it is one of the best theaters in Germany. I still can't believe they're featuring US!! It is so so awesome and I am so proud. If you wanna check it out (for those of you who speak German) visit www.spinnwerk-leipzig.de and look for Boeme& Tochter (that's the name of our group) and our play CLOSED GAMES!!

Besides that christmas is approaching and I can't wait. I already got all the presents and I am set and ready to go. My hubby and I will buy a tree tomorrow and decorate it on Wednesday. Here in Germany, we get to get our presents on the 24th...AWESOME!!

Other than that I am still working on the car issue. I NEED A CAR!!(For the States...too bad I can't take mine with me!)

Maybe I might go to the States by myself after all because my friend Annie is too busy to talk to me right now. She hasn't called me or anything...well, now that she has a BF! ;-) I just hope she doesn't forget to book a flight! *lol*

In case I won't be able to write anything on here: I wish you all a merry christmas and I happy new year!

Be safe and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment