I am German because I was born in Germany. I am American because I was born again there. I combine two cultures and until recently I thought it to be a curse. It's not! It's a blessing to be a Germarican.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Being back home...the first couple of days

It's been 5 days now since I arrived here. Already it feels like the most natural thing ever. I am back home. That is really how it feels. Especially now that I have my own car and everything I seriously have a feeling of living here.

Linds and I get along as if we would have never been apart. It's amazing and yet I would not have expected it to be any other way. We have so much fun together. Just hanging out is a blast. I am so glad I get to stay so much longer this time.

What did I do the last couple of days? Let me think... I met Michelle and B. I drove to Michelle's new house and we spent a fun, relaxed night with pizza and just chatting around. Joan stopped by later that night. I was really happy to see her.

I met with Jenny the day after that. We had lunch together. Later I got to see her awesome new house (which will be the party location for my birthday) and I even saw Rachael for a couple of minutes.

Later that day I went to Mohawk High School to discuss my survey and everything else. It went AWESOME!! Ms Koehler is really nice and a great help. I can't believe all of this is gonna be so smooth and easy. (Especially comparing it to things in Germany....*grrrr*) I also saw Terri for a couple of minutes. YAY! (That's all that really matters I would say...*lol*)

Besides seeing some of my friends already I just spent wonderful days with my American family. Can't wait for the days to come.

I am so so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment