4 weeks ago I decided to write an email to Pastor Jim and asked him whether it was possible to receive my baptism while I am back in the States and it just so happened that they were actally doing baptisms on November 15th, my very first Sunday back home. I was ecstatic to learn that it would finally come full circle. In fact, I was so excited that I totally agreed to share my testimony with the entire congregation. I didn't really think about that until my departure drew closer. I started to panic because I tried to come up with something to say. I felt like my mind went completely blank.
When I woke up that morning, after my first night back home, I felt like I was about to throw up. I was soooo nervous, I could barely walk. Lol. We arrived at church around 9.30 am and I met Pastor Jim for the first time ever. He explained the whole procedure and I kinda calmed down until we all sat there waiting for the service to begin. The entire family was there with me which was the most wonderful thing ever. So I sat there, surrounded by wonderful people, with Mommy by my side (I wouldn't let her sit anywhere else! Ha!) waiting for it to be my turn.
When Pastor Jim took the stage and talked about his first Sunday at Trinity and that he received an email from Germany that day I knew it was my turn. So I walked up there, still not knowing what to say, and started talking. Honestly, I do not rememeber what exactly I said but it was fascinating how natural it seemed to me right then and there. The words just came out of my mouth and, apparently, those words made sense. Lol. If you like, you can listen to my testimoney online on Trinity's website. You'll find the link on the left side of this blog. Then just click on Podcasts/Audio Sermons and choose November 15th and there you have it. Supposedly, one day, there will be a video of my actual baptism on there...so check it out!
This a picture of my baptism- obviously. Lol.
After the service everyone went to Pam & Jerry's house for lunch. It was wonderful. They really spoiled me that day with cards, gifts, encouraging words and pumpkin pie! :)
It was wonderful to have people rejoice in my baptism with me. I wish people in Germany would be that happy for me as well. I know some of your are which means a lot to me. It really does.
And here is a song by MercyMe which goes out to all of you, especially to those who turned their backs on me after they learned about the change inside of me- may it be in the past or just now. I don't hold any grudges against you, I understand where you're coming from. I, once, lived the same destructive life that you are srill living and I hope that, one day, you will approach me again. I am there for you, as I have always been!
I will never forget November 15th, 2009. It turned out to be one of the best days of my life! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment